All aboard the California State Railroad Museum’s popular excursion railroad—the Sacramento Southern Railroad. 2017 marks the 34th consecutive season the excursion trains have been operating in Old Sacramento. Train rides include closed coach cars and a first-class observation car pulled by either Granite Rock No. 10 steam locomotive or one of our vintage diesel locomotives from the Museum’s collection.
- Days of operation: Saturdays and Sundays; April through September
- Hours of operation: Every hour on the hour, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Departure location: Central Pacific Railroad Freight Depot in Old Sacramento (located on Front Street between J and K Streets).
- Tickets: Regular Coach: $12 adults, $6 youths (ages 6-17), ages 5 and under ride free.
- First Class Car: $20 adults, $15 youths (ages 6-17), ages 5 and under ride free.
*Please note: weekend excursion train tickets are available for pre-purchase online, except for the day of the excursion. No tickets are available for pre-purchase online the day of the train ride. Tickets are available on the weekends on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 10:30 a.m. at the Sacramento Southern Railroad ticket office. For more information about the Train Ride, call the Membership Department at (916) 445-5995.