All aboard the California State Railroad Museum’s popular excursion railroad—the Sacramento Southern Railroad. 2019 marks the 36th consecutive season the excursion trains have been operating in Old Sacramento. Train rides include closed coach cars and a first-class observation car pulled by either Granite Rock No. 10 steam locomotive or one of our vintage diesel locomotives from the Museum’s collection.
- Days of operation: Saturdays and Sundays; April 6 - September 29
- Hours of operation: Every hour on the hour, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (July 6 - September 2: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Departure location: Central Pacific Passenger Station in Old Sacramento (located at Front and J Streets).
- Tickets: Regular Coach: $12 adults, $6 youths (ages 6-17), ages 5 and under ride free.
- First Class Car: $24 adults, $16 youths (ages 6-17), ages 5 and under ride free.
*Please note: weekend excursion train tickets are available for pre-purchase online, except for the day of the excursion. No tickets are available for pre-purchase online the day of the train ride. Tickets are available on the weekends on a first-come, first-served basis starting at 10:30 a.m. at the Sacramento Southern Railroad ticket office located in the Central Pacific Passenger Station. For more information about the Train Ride, call the Membership Department at (916) 445-5995.