Celebrate the rich heritage between the railroad and the agriculture that has made Sacramento America’s farm-to-fork capital, on the fifth annual Farm-to-Fork Cocktail Train, September 28 & 29, 2019.
Limited to 100 guests each night, this exclusive experience features a themed food and wine pairing courtesy of the Michelin Guide Bib Gourmand winner Frank Fat’s as you travel along the Sacramento River in beautifully restored luxury train cars.
Uniformed stewards provide the finest first class service onboard three of California State Railroad Museum’s first class cars: the Audubon dining car, El Dorado lounge car and the French Quarter lounge car from the 1950s that served the famed Southern Pacific Sunset Limited service.
- Dates: Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, September 29, 2019
- Departure Time: 6 p.m. (check-in by 5:30 p.m.) Train rides are about 90 minutes.
- Departure location: Central Pacific Freight Depot on Front Street between J and K Streets in Old Sacramento.
- Tickets: $125 (plus service fees).
- All guests must be at least 21-years-old.
After the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad in 1869, many Californians turned to farming the fertile Delta. Ice-cooled railroad cars transported locally grown fruit and produce. The railroad played a critical role in transporting the Central Valley’s agricultural bounty to the surrounding region, state and nation thus laying the foundation for the movement known today as farm-to-fork.
This year’s attendees will be treated to a craft cocktail followed by a delicious tasting menu of Frank Fat’s signature dishes and wine during the ride. Founded in 1939, the Fat Family Restaurant Group is a beloved staple in Sacramento dining scene and is the oldest restaurant in the city to be owned exclusively by one family.
- Honey Walnut Prawns - paired with a signature cocktail featuring Gold River Distillery Vodka
- Vegetable Chow Fun - paired with Talbott Chardonnay
- Cumin Spiced Lamb Skewers from Superior Farms - paired with Mettler Cabernet Sauvignon
- Frank Fat’s Signature Banana Cream & Chocolate Cream Pie Shooters - paired with Domaine Carneros Sparkling Brut
The Farm-to-Fork Cocktail Train is a California State Railroad Museum Foundation fundraiser for the California State Railroad Museum and Railtown 1897 State Historic Park.