Celebrate Farm-to-Fork in rail-related style on The Farm-to-Fork Cocktail Train presented by Rabobank! Showcasing the rich history and deep connection between agriculture and the railroad, the third annual Cocktail Trains are scheduled for September 23 and 24. Due to high demand, we’ve added a second train!
Ticketed guests will delight in a signature cocktail, exquisite appetizers and a delicious dessert from The Firehouse, Ten 22 and DISTRICT. The specially created menu items will be prepared and presented by Jay Veregge, Director of Culinary Operations for Harvego Restaurant Group, and his talented culinary team. The food and beverages will showcase seasonal and locally grown ingredients, some of which will be generously provided by Blue Diamond Growers.
Uniformed stewards provide the finest first class service onboard three of California State Railroad Museum’s first class cars: the Audubon dining car, El Dorado lounge car and the French Quarter lounge car from the 1950s that served the famed Southern Pacific Sunset Limited service. The two eye-catching locomotives — Western Pacific No. 913 and Southern Pacific No. 6051 — are classic streamlined locomotives representative of the first generation of diesel-electric locomotives.
- Dates: Saturday, September 23 and Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Departure Time: 6 p.m. (check-in by 5:30 p.m.) Train rides are about 1-hour.
- Departure location: Central Pacific Freight Depot on Front Street between J and K Streets in Old Sacramento.
- Tickets: $100 (plus service fees). Member Advance Tickets Sales start August 15 (member ID required). General public ticket sales begin August 17.
- All guests must be at least 21-years-old.
The Farm-to-Fork Cocktail Train is a California State Railroad Museum Foundation fundraiser for the California State Railroad Museum, Railtown 1897 State Historic Park and the future California Railroad Technology Museum.