THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride in Sacramento consists of seven separate cars pulled by vintage locomotives from the California State Railroad Museum’s collection. On board you will be seated in either Coach, Open Air or First Class according to your ticket purchase. Guests in each car will experience the same excitement and wonder of
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride.
Join us in our first class cars where you will ride in our most luxurious and spacious cars and take home a collectable souvenir Polar Express Trian Ride™ mug.
Policies and Rules
- All sales are final.
- Purchasers who wish to donate unused tickets back to the nonprofit CSRM Foundation will be given a tax letter of donation for the full amount of the tickets.
- Exchanges are based on availability and are subject to a $10 per seat exchange fee. $10 per ticket or $40 per table of four.
- Only one exchange per ticket will be allowed.
- Exchange requests should be submitted to THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride – Hotline at (916) 445-8270.
General Ticket Policies
- Tickets are subject to service fees which vary between $7 and $8 depending on the sales outlet.
- Tickets may be delivered digitally, by mail or held at the ticket window for pickup on the day of departure. Ticket delivery method is at the choice of the purchaser.
- Children under 2 years old do not require a ticket, but must be seated on the lap of an adult while on board the train.
Member Advance Ticket Sales Policies
- Members of the California State Railroad Museum and Railtown 1897 are allowed to purchase THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride tickets in advance of the general public.
- Members are not guaranteed to get tickets during Member Advance Ticket Sales, merely the opportunity to try to purchase tickets in advance of the general public.
- New, renewing or upgrading memberships should have been active and current as of August 30, 2021 to participate in Member Advance Ticket Sales.
- Members must have their membership ID number when ordering tickets.
- Member households may purchase a maximum of eight individual tickets or two tables of four, per location, during Member Advance Ticket Sales.
Resale & Monetization
Our policy strictly prohibits the resale or attempted resale of any tickets for THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride for personal profit. Additionally, the use of public advertising – such as but not limited to eBay and Craigslist – to resell tickets is not permitted. Either action will result in the immediate cancellation of the tickets. Tickets may not be raffled, used as auction items or otherwise monetized without the express written permission of the California State Railroad Museum Foundation.
ACCESS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride in Sacramento is not fully accessible to persons with disabilities, due to historic, limited doorway widths and steep stepwells within the train cars. However, our train crews are always pleased to lend assistance when boarding and alighting from the train (provided wheelchairs or other oversize assistive devices are not required during the trip). Please notify the train crew prior to boarding, so we may best meet your needs.
The California State Railroad Museum and related event activities are fully accessible to persons with disabilities, except as noted above. If you require special accommodation, please notify us in advance of your visit by emailing [email protected] or by calling THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride – Sacramento Hotline at (916) 445-8270.
For additional information, contact: