In celebration of Photography Month Sacramento, join California State Parks and the California State Railroad Museum for Trains & Tripods. This unique program offers a live learning photography seminar and workshop on Friday evening, April 20 and Saturday morning, April 21.
To participate in the Trains & Tripods activities, the cost is $75 per person and includes both the seminar and workshop.
In partnership with Canon Live Learning, this unique program starts with a fast-paced and information-packed seminar about existing light photography on Friday evening from 5:30-8:30 p.m. that will be conducted by Canon Live Learning Instructors Jim Rose. Then on Saturday morning, a photographers-only "bring your own tripod" photo workshop will take place inside the visually-enticing museum on Saturday morning from 7-9:30 a.m. (before it opens to the public for the day). Photographers of all skill levels are welcome to participate.
You'll learn about:
- Planning your shoot to optimize your time
- Shooting for sharpness to minimize diffraction
- Using HDR to manage contrast and shoot for impact
- Simple and inexpensive accessories to make your shooting more enjoyable and fun
- Managing perspective in a controlled environment
- Which lenses to use to help you frame the best composition
- How to expose in contrasting light to minimize flare
- Tilt/shift lenses for panoramas, infinite depth-of-field and minimizing distortion
- Setting custom white balance
- Using radio-controlled speedlites to light a locomotive
There will be numerous Canon cameras, lenses and speedlites available for loan.
Space is limited to 50 participants and advance registration is required. All photographers are required to sign a release of liability and a "not for commercial use" clause. Canon is proud to partner with the California State Railroad Museum Foundation. The proceeds from your registration will help the support events and programs at the California State Railroad Museum.