SACRAMENTO, Calif. (September 18, 2017) – Showcasing the rich history and deep connection between agriculture and the railroad, the California State Railroad Museum Foundation and Harvego Restaurant Group are proud to announce the Farm-to-Fork menu that guests will enjoy on the two VIP Cocktail Train Ride experiences available on Saturday, September 23 and Sunday, September 24, 2017. Rabobank N.A. – a locally based bank serving California communities grounded in agriculture – is the presenting sponsor for the 2017 Farm-to-Fork Cocktail Train ride experiences that first debuted in 2015 when it was recognized as a finalist in Sunset Magazine’s Travel Awards competition in the “Best Train Experience” category.
Created and prepared by Jay Veregge, Director of Culinary Operations for Harvego Restaurant Group, and his talented culinary team, the Farm-to-Fork Cocktail Train menu is as follows:
- Blue Diamond Cocktail – Vodka, amaretto, vanilla-infused brown sugar simple syrup, lemon juice, Blue Diamond almond milk, frozen pear ice cube with a sprinkle of cinnamon;
- Local Cheese Plate – Sonoma cheese, Blue Diamond almonds, Del Rio honey and palm dates;
- Pear and Prosciutto Bruschetta – Stillwater Orchards pear relish, spicy Blue Diamond almonds and local ham;
- Wild Smoked Salmon Rillettes – Toast points, cream cheese and fried capers;
- Roasted Duck Slider – Liberty Farms duck, salt-cured grape preserve and pickled carrots;
- Dessert – Blue Diamond Almond and Stillwater Orchards pear cookie with brandy.
With one VIP train ride on each evening at 6 p.m. departing from the Central Pacific Freight Depot in Old Sacramento, Farm-To-Fork Cocktail Train ride guests can sit back and experience what first class was like during the early decades of the 20th century as developed by the Southern Pacific Railroad. Uniformed stewards provide the finest first class service onboard three of the California State Railroad Museum’s first class cars: the Audubon dining car, the El Dorado lounge car and the French Quarter lounge car from the 1950s that served the famed Southern Pacific Sunset Limited service. As an added treat, the cars will be pulled by two eye-catching locomotives – Western Pacific No. 913 and Southern Pacific No. 6051 – both of which are classic streamlined locomotives representative of the first generation of diesel-electric locomotives.
Space is limited on The Farm-To-Fork Cocktail Train and tickets are still available. Train ride tickets cost $100 per person and all train ride guests must be 21 or over. The Farm-to-Fork Cocktail Train is a Foundation fundraiser for the California State Railroad Museum, Railtown 1897 State Historic Park and the future California Railroad Technology Museum. For more information or to purchase tickets to The Cocktail Train presented by Rabobank, please visit https://www.californiarailroad.museum/events/farm-to-fork-cocktail-train