The Reading Room is located on the second floor of the Big 4 building.
- Sign in and register at the reference desk upon arrival
- Coats and bags must be checked-in
- No food or drinks permitted
- No pens, only pencils or electronic devices
- Camera usage requires staff approval
- Library and archival material never leaves the Reading Room
- Reduce noise out of respect for researchers
- Follow all staff instructions regarding care and handling of material
- Staff reserves the right to deny reproductions based on condition and copyright status
- Return all material to its original location
Library collections held off-site in the California Statewide Museum Collection Center are available for research, provided staff is given at least one-week advance notice. Staff will bring requested materials to the Reading Room once per week on Thursday.