Please Note: All inquiries and requests to view materials should be sent to [email protected]. The Library & Archives offer up to 30 minutes of research time per request, and is usually answered in 2-3 weeks. Retrieval of material from offsite storage requires 1-2 weeks advance notice. Reproduction orders typically take 3-4 weeks; advance payment is required.
Reading Room Rules
The Reading Room is located on the second floor of the Big 4 building.
- Sign in and register at the reference desk upon arrival
- Coats and bags must be checked-in
- No food or drinks permitted
- No pens, only pencils or electronic devices
- Camera usage requires staff approval
- Library and archival material never leaves the Reading Room
- Reduce noise out of respect for researchers
- Follow all staff instructions regarding care and handling of material
- Staff reserves the right to deny reproductions based on condition and copyright status
- Return all material to its original location
Library collections held off-site in the California Statewide Museum Collection Center are available for research, provided staff is given at least one-week advance notice. Staff will bring requested materials to the Reading Room once per week on Thursday.